Why choose our DIY Planter Boxes?
Because they’re Australia’s only boxy-profiled, high-end, modular steel planter system that’s:
Specifically designed for quick & easy installation with basic household tools, pre-drilled & prepared for self-assembly with no training or experience, customisable & configurable to suit an almost infinite number of layout possibilities, surprisingly affordable compared to the alternatives, in-stock, and ready for collection or delivery.
No other off-the-shelf product is as:
- Extremely high-quality
- Quick to connect
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy to build by hand
- Purposefully designed
- Hard wearing
- Beautifully joined
- Simple to install
- Suitable for all soil types
- Precisely made
- Affordably priced
- And ready when you are
Precision engineered planter boxes that are designed to last
With little to no fuss, simply fix panels together and place in your garden for a professionally finished look.
Planter Box Product Catalogue
Our comprehensive planter box product overview
Everything you might want to know about the Straightcurve planter box range in one downloadable PDF. Includes FAQs, benefits, advantages, technical specifications, installation guidance, and technical drawings.
Why choose our planters?
There are many options on the market when it comes to building a planter box, so what makes Straightcurve planters special? Use the +symbols to discover design details that make the difference.
Stylish-lookingDesigned for a high-end aesthetic and a natural organic look that develops with a rusted patina.
Super high-qualityMade from 2mm thick high-quality weathering steel panels with a sturdy 46mm top edge.
Exceptionally durableDesigned to stay rock solid and quality tested for landscape industry-leading durability.
Safety-mindedMade with smooth rolled edges to keep children, pets. and other garden users safe.
Easy to installExpertly designed for quick + easy installation with a stabilising foot, boxy top and precise joins.
Maintenance-freeMade to be maintenance-free once installed and weathered.
Our planters are made for you...
If you love high-end aesthetics...
One reason to love our planter boxes is that they look very stylish – we’ve intentionally designed them to enhance the look & feel of the gardens they feature in. Our planters look so good because they’re:
- Made from real weathering steel for a rustic natural look that develops with a rusted patina.
- Internally joined with concealed fittings to produce clean lines and beautiful seam details.
- Precision-engineered to achieve a stylish, high-end aesthetic with every installation.
- Designed with a 45mm top edge to form a stylish, boxy profile.
If you value high-quality...
Simply put, you won’t find a better quality steel planter, because Straightcurve planter boxes are:
- Very high-quality landscaping products made to exacting standards.
- Designed & manufactured to an exceptionally high standard for a flawless fit & finish.
- Made from 2mm thick high-quality engineered weathering steel panels.
If you're looking for a very durable product...
Our planter boxes are ideal for DIY gardeners and professional landscapers who value durability because they’re:
- Made with weathering steel; a hard-wearing material that can last for 10 years or more.
- Rock-solid and won’t budge once installed thanks to our unique joining + bracing systems.
- Quality tested to ensure landscape industry-leading durability.
If you're a bit of a perfectionist...
If you have an eye for detail and want things to be just so (and stay that way) our planters are ideal for you because they’re:
- Designed to fit neatly together via a hidden joining system that produces a beautiful seam detail at the joins.
- Engineered to stay strong & true for many years after installation – the thickness of the steel and the way the system is designed to hold together means our planters won’t budge, bulge, crack or otherwise change shape once installed.
If ease of installation and usability are important to you ...
Our planters tick all the usability boxes because they’re:
- Expertly designed for quick & easy DIY installation.
- Made with smooth rolled edges to keep children & pets and other garden users safe.
- Supplied with an integrated stabilising foot for installation on level ground (which means there’s no need to bury any part of the edge, so you’re not paying for material you’ll never see).
- Maintenance-free once installed and weathered.
If you want to increase curb appeal and liveability...
Our planters are easy to build. They require no maintenance once installed. And they improve the look & feel of the homes, gardens, and commercial properties in which they feature. For these reasons, our planters are a great low-cost, low-maintenance option for:
- Increasing the curb appeal and liveability of homes & investment properties.
- Making commercial buildings more attractive to tenants and their customers.
- Introducing plants & trees to office spaces and other working environments.
The weathering steel finish
How it comes
The manufacturing process of weathering steel will leave the surface in a dark, almost black state. The weathering process sees this layer break down first before the desired protective patina layer can establish.
What it turns into
Once installed, wash with warm soap and water to remove the protective coating and encourage development of an even patina - this may take weeks or months depending on weather conditions.
Straightcurve weathering steel planters vs other materials
|Straightcurve Weathering steel||Mild Steel||Aluminium||Plastic||Timber|
|Ideal for outdoor use|
|Natural rustic aesthetic|
|Super high strength|
|Forms protective patina|
How to order your custom planter:
Step 1 - Sketch out...
Sketch out your planter box shape including dimensions of all sides.
Step 2 - Measure up...
On your sketch, mark out all panel sizes required to build your design.
Note: Straightcurve planter panels are available in 400mm, 600mm, 800mm, and 1000mm long lengths to make up a ‘nearest to’ option.
Step 3 - Jot down...
Jot down the number of panels of each length needed for your design.
Then do the same for joiner accessories by circling all the panel joining points and counting the number of straight joins, closed corners, and reverse corners needed to join your panels / build your planter.
Step 4 - Brace it...
Each straight join in your design will require bracing.
Use one bracing strap set where two opposing joins are equal to or less than 1200mm apart. In all other situations, use one universal bracing set (or ground anchor post 1100mm + fitting set) per straight join.
Make a note of how many of each type of bracing set you need on your sketch.
Step 5 - Add screws...
Don’t forget your screws.
All Straightcurve planter joins are fixed with Tek Screws which you can add to your order before checking out.
Our webshop automatically calculates and recommends the number of screws you’ll need based on the products you’ve added to your cart. Make sure to add the required number of Tek Screws to your order (or you can supply them yourself).
Step 6 - Place order...
Now you’re ready to shop.
Go to the “Custom Planter Box” option on this page and click “Shop options”.
Use the notes on your sketch as a shopping list and build your order by adding the required:
> Joining accessories
> Bracing sets
Next, review your cart (checking you’ve everything you need) and place your order.
Your custom planter components will be delivered within 7 working days.
Remember – if you have any questions or queries regarding your products you can always reach out to us via email or live chat.
Step by Step Guide to Custom Planters
How to Order & Build a Straightcurve Custom Planter Box
Our square and rectangle planter box kits arrive with all the parts you need to build a preset size & shape, but if you have something else in mind, you can order a high-quality custom planter box to almost any size & shape by choosing from our range of planter box panels, joining sets and bracing accessories. This quick guide explains how to sketch out, measure up, order, and build a custom planter box with our products.
Our planters in action
Small spaces, beautiful opportunities
Small doesn’t mean uninspiring! You can look at a small space such as a courtyard, patio, or balcony as an opportunity to get creative and make it all the more inviting.
A Cornish front garden makeover
See how our planter box panels were used to help transform this beautiful courtyard garden.
Exceptional quality products designed for flawless fit & finish
All our products are designed & engineered for a strong hold and perfect finish.
Our DIY-friendly products are available in over 100 locations around Australia.
Our material selection & manufacturing is ISO certified to maximise product quality & lifespan.